• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mediaserver draining battery after update

I'm hoping someone can help me I have a S5 G900I phone and is been lasting nearly 2 days on battery I had a software update a couple of days ago and now the battery doesn't last overnight fully charged and sleeping. Mediaserver is draining the battery and I can't find where to turn it off. Is there some way to undo the update or turn off mediaserver.? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Monica

if im not mistaken the media server/service is related to the uploading of images to picasa/facebook.. so i would start by checking in your settings and see which accounts you have set-up to sync, whether it's facebook or whatever, maybe even try to cleanly un-install your most current update of facebook and clearing the cache for it as well, then re install..

also you can wipe the data and cache for the gallery app, it wont delete your images you downloaded from browser or stored on sd card or took with camera, but it will remove anything sync'd from fb and picasa untill you re sync them again

hope this helps

Thanks for your reply, I don't have Facebook or picasa on my phone and had no problems until the update then mediaserver started using battery until then I had never seen mediaserver in my battery usage.

OK this worked for me but may not work for everyone.
1) unmount external SD card.
2) Delete all pictures and music (save to pc)
3) Delete data from gallery and music
4) Shutdown phone & remove battery for 30 mins.
5) Start phone and charge to 100%
6) When phone charged to 100% take a screenshot. Put the phone to sleep for 30 - 60 mins.
7) Check battery stats, if mediascanner isn't on top then copy files back to phone.
It could also be a corrupt app but it only happened to mine after a software update and this fixed the problem.

Back
Top Bottom