• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Message Display

abruno1

Lurker
HELP! I have an LG Apex. When my display screen is off, and I get a text message or alert, it does not light up. It simply makes the noise. When I get a call, however, it makes noise, and displays. Is there a way to make the display pop up when I receive a new message, in addition to making noise? Is there an application I can download to do this? Please help me if you know the answer!

Yes! There IS an app to help with this! I actually have GoSMS pro downloaded to my phone, it is a free app and you can easily customize everything in the sms inbox from fonts to background, etc. Download it. When you download it, press your menu button (on the bottom of the phone) for the new menu to pop up, press settings, press notification settings, scroll down to Screen On and make sure that the box to the right of it is checked.

ALSO ON A SIDE NOTE: make sure GoSMS is your default texting app, otherwise you will be receiving 2 texts for every 1 text you get (you can make this your default texting app by going back to settings, scrolling down to receive settings, press it, and then click the checkmark next to "disable other message notification"

good luck! :)
trumpetsrock

Back
Top Bottom