• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Messaging app advice

kormath75

Hey all,
I've been using Message+ from Verizon on my Pixel 2XL for my sms/mms app for a long time. But it's having some major issues so i switched to Next SMS (used to be Handcent) a couple months back but that one doesn't have a driving mode and auto replies. So i switched back to message+, and it's still broken.

In Message+ you don't get a notification icon or sound for anything but the first message. So if i send a message to someone, their reply, whether it's 3 seconds or 30 minutes later, doesn't play the sound or give the notification icon in the bar.

Duplicate messages are back, they had this fixed last year sometime. I was texting my son yesterday and every reply was doubled on my phone. Happened with some friends also, on different carries and various phone make/models.

So, what i'm looking for is another text/mms app that can do auto replies when bluetooth is synced with my jeep. Thought i'd ask here first rather than spend an hour or 2 downloading, testing, and removing various apps.

Back
Top Bottom