• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metal Battery cover for Sprint

while it is a cool concept (very cool actually) i have to wonder how much it would effect signal strenght.
*warning, toilet talk ahead*
lets be honest, we all use our phones on the Can. i do it at work all the time. sometimes i set my phone on the T.P. dispenser thing which is an aluminum box...as soon as i do that, i go from 2 bars 4g straight to 1 bar 3G.

not saying a metal battery cover will do the same thing, but i have a feeling it will effect the signal somewhat.

Upvote 0
while it is a cool concept (very cool actually) i have to wonder how much it would effect signal strenght.
*warning, toilet talk ahead*
lets be honest, we all use our phones on the Can. i do it at work all the time. sometimes i set my phone on the T.P. dispenser thing which is an aluminum box...as soon as i do that, i go from 2 bars 4g straight to 1 bar 3G.

not saying a metal battery cover will do the same thing, but i have a feeling it will effect the signal somewhat.

Iwas actually wondering the same thing, it may be made out of aluminum which would be less interference.

also I wonder how NFC works....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones