• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [APP][MOD][JB] Resizable! Popup Browser Works in Metropolis

Trueno22

Was testing out various apks for popup browsers since our version of JB is lacking it. I found this one on XDA and it works perfect.

I've modified the Note II's PopupBrowser.apk to match our screen, and made a small app, that throws and intent to start Popup Browser from the launcher.
Note: The activity which calls the Popup Browser is now merged in the main apk. Therefore you only need to install the latest PopupBrowser.apk (see downloads)
Hope you like it!

Screens

Screenshot_2012-11-19-13-28-27.png
Screenshot_2012-11-21-07-04-07.png

Screenshot_2012-11-21-07-04-13.png
Screenshot_2012-11-21-07-04-19.png

Screens from Note II - Thanks to boodies
Screenshots_2012-12-04-08-27-50.png
Screenshots_2012-12-04-08-27-59.png

Installation
This thing is touchwiz dependant, so only works on stock JB based roms, (for example XXLSJ).
Install as normal apk. No root needed.
Note: Please uninstall the PopupBrowser_Launcher.apk since it is not needed from v1.3
Note: You may need to restart your device (or start the popupbrowser from launcher) to make your system register it for the web view intents.

Changelog
2012.12.03: Starting with today, a version for Note II is also available (with original dimensions taken from the Note II apk).
PopupBrowser.apk v1.3: Added resize functionality (toggle between: normal / large / header form)
fixed landscape layout,
merged with PopupBrowser_Launcher.apk.
PopupBrowser.apk v1.2: disabled excludeFromRecents
PopupBrowser_Launcher v1.1: disabled excludeFromRecents
PopupBrowser.apk v1.1: fixed webview width.

Download:

For Samsung Galaxy Note2 - HDPI - HD/WXGA (720x1280)
PopupBrowser_NOTEII_v1.3.apk

just asking i really dont use the pop up browser but just did a sec ago and it resized just fine but anyhow good find.

Back
Top Bottom