• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Is rooting a necessary thing on gs3

jahunt78

Coming from the esteem it needed root to reach its potential but the stats on this phone are a lot better I know in order to theme and such need root but wondering for when I get my new gs3 how much better it is with root or not

I have a bunch of apps that would not work correctly or work at all without root, e.g., Titanium Backup (or just anything that back up app data,) CallRecorder, Delayed Lock, Radio Reconnect (to MetroPCS that keeps dropping 4G signal in various places,) network speed booster, etc.

Also, ad blockers have to use root access. I'm being bombarded by ads without root at the moment. So yeah, even if you do not do hard rooting activities like flashing and theming, blocking ads is a good enough reason to get rooted.

I know if I'm going to have this phone for a while I'm going to do the major rooting like before just because I get bored easy but yea I agree on the ads I got a week before my wife and I get ours I know she said she don't want root I'm up in the air for now

a stock experience isn't a bad thing most users dont really do much with their phone in the first place to even consider root. so comes down to one conclusion do you consider yourself a tweaker,themer or modder? if you answered yes to any of those then yes you need root like fish needs water! :D

I am a flash junkie. And thoroughly enjoy looking at how the ROMs work. Hobby. Obsession. I let you decide. In other words. I don't like stock so I root.

Back
Top Bottom