• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micro SD Card-Which Brand and Class?

SD Speed Class - SD Association

Speed Class, designated as Class 2, 4, 6 and 10, is designed for normal and high speed bus interface (mode) and UHS Speed Class 1 is designed for UHS bus interface*. (Speed Class and the UHS Speed Class are not compatible.)

There's a chart in the link showing what uses the classes are good for.

I have a brand new Lexar 32GB class 10 microsd sitting in its package just waiting to be used. I have read that there isn't really a big difference between the class 6 and the class 10 with regards to transfers of small files, but the difference is allegedly with recording/transferring HD video and large files.

Amazon.com: Lexar High Speed MicroSDHC 32 GB Class 10 Flash Memory Card with Reader LSDMI32GBSBNAR: Electronics

I got it for $96 to my door a week or so ago.

I ordered the same disk from Amazon last week. It won't be here when my phone arrives on Monday...but should be here soon enough.

hummm I got a 16gb circled 4 (guessing class 4) microsd in my backflip atm. I wonder how that will fair in the atrix...

People are saying class 4 is fine for the Atrix.

I personally bought a Class 10 32GB Wintec off Newegg, but I haven't gotten the chance to test it out yet. They got some really bad reviews but have a lifetime warranty. I should have went with Lexar or Sandisk though I just couldn't find them at the time.

You should also know SanDisk rates their microSD cards lower than the standard from what I understand. So a class 6 card is capable of class 10 speeds. Class 6 or 10 might be great for high-end DSLR cameras but I agree that a class 4 card is fine for the Atrix.

I have a really old Class 2 card. What does this mean in terms of the files in it? Will they load/read slower? Will it be slower to copy/paste or move files to the card?

Back