• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MicroSD slot no longer working

I dropped my phone the other day, and it wasn't a high drop either. No damage to the phone, just battery and cover coming off. Upon reboot I get a message saying SD card removed unexpectedly. I go to storage, try to remount and it doesn't show any card as being inserted. TWRP doesn't even see my card. The card itself still works fine, my PC aeea it, my files are all there, and it can be read by my friends phones. Anyone else have this problem? If so. Maybe there's a fix without taking apart the phone and checking main board connections?

Since you cross-checked (tried the SD on friend's phone, tried the SD on your computer) with other devices, it's highly likely damage is done to your F60. Have you tried inserting different SD card on your phone though? If it doesn't recognize another SD, then you can 100% sure your phone's SD card reader / socket is damaged.

I am not sure how hard to repair the SD part of the phone. But all these mid-low tier phones so cheap (LG Leon $29, HTC Desire $79, Galaxy Core $49), it may not worth to put time & money into it :(

Back
Top Bottom