• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help might be a dumb question but

htcman724

Android Enthusiast
i new to the moment and have been reading alot of the threads here and now i have a question with 2.1 update comming sooner or later when it does will we have to take the moment into a sprint store to have it on our phones and if so how will we know that its even out "besides here"

You'll likely get a text letting you know it's out. And it may be OTA (over the air), downloadable through your PC, or available from the Sprint store.

My money is betting on another update-at-store fiasco. The Moment, due to Samsung, is incapable of over the air updates.

On a seemingly unrelated note, I cannot frickin wait for the Nexus One to hit Sprint.

From what I have heard from the one Sprint guy that actually has realistic expectations, is that the Repair facilities will have the update first - and only them. The update will then launch OTW for people that aren't near a store that offer the repair services.

Roughly translated...

We will know about it here first. The sprint store fiasco will happen. Then we will get a hold of the update here and the geniuses here or at SDX will figure out how to get it working safely.

Then...6 weeks after we have all updated successfully we will get a barage of text messages telling us that an update has been released!

Richard

Roughly translated...

We will know about it here first. The sprint store fiasco will happen. Then we will get a hold of the update here and the geniuses here or at SDX will figure out how to get it working safely.

Then...6 weeks after we have all updated successfully we will get a barage of text messages telling us that an update has been released!

Richard

+1 lol so true

Back