• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Milaq continuing CyanogenMOD 6 development

monsterduc1000

I have a lot of stuff running on my phone and while cm7 is great, I found it was using too many resources and there were quite a few force closures and drops back to the homescreen, which would take about a half a minute to reload in itself. So I found there is another developer named Milaq who decided to continue development of cm6 and I switched to his custom rom and have found that my milestone runs not only smoother but there have been fewer force closures. Give it shot if you are running out of ram on your milestone.

https://github.com/milaq/android/downloads

[ROM] [11.07.07] CyanogenMod 6.1.2 - 0.10 (Android 2.2.1+) - xda-developers

Nice find.
I really didn't have a lot of FC's on my Milestone, but for the people having problems on CM7 it might be a good alternative.
My wife has taken over my Milestone now, so if she complains I can flash this for her.
I'm using an SGS2 at the moment, so don't really have RAM or speed problems anymore. :)

Nice! I am planning on getting one in the very near future as it releases here in Canada this week!!! So jealous right now...

I only found that it would force close or drop back to the homescreen on cm7 when something fairly intensive was running such as when I was playing something graphics intensive like Need for Speed shift or trying to run flash videos from the browser, which the milestone really can't do at all.

I have found that cm6 doesn't run games quite as well no matter what I do to cpu settings in cpu tuner and chainfire3D, but it is nice knowing it will not fc or drop out due to ram constraints.

Did I mention I am jealous...SGSII this week I hope!

Back