• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mine bricked, too

Schwamy

Had mine rooted with the ROM and kernel that allows wireless tethering (don't remember the name of it). It kept freezing and such and I just thought "Whatever, it's a custom rom, so it's to be expected". Then randomly one day it froze, did a batter pull, and now it hangs on the boot screen. (the one where it says SDX). When I try to boot into recovery mode it goes to "modem mode" and when I try to boot into downloading mode, it doesn't even do anything.

So, what do?

Had mine rooted with the ROM and kernel that allows wireless tethering (don't remember the name of it). It kept freezing and such and I just thought "Whatever, it's a custom rom, so it's to be expected". Then randomly one day it froze, did a batter pull, and now it hangs on the boot screen. (the one where it says SDX). When I try to boot into recovery mode it goes to "modem mode" and when I try to boot into downloading mode, it doesn't even do anything.

So, what do?

Have you tried fastboot into recovery?

I thought mine was bricked today also. I was currently running it stock. It had been rooted in the past with the "radioactive" rom. I was looking up a address in Google maps and it reset by itself. It was stuck on the Samsung boot screen for about 2 hours. I finally went to the stock recovery and performed a factory reset. Wiped out everything. It is now back working kinda. I can not pull up the market and its disconneting from the network often. I can wait to upgrade.

Back