• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mini MX Review - really cheap media player

batboy

Android Enthusiast
I got a new media player called Mini MX. This device will be interested for many people because the price is around $40, so in other words it is really cheap media player.

Packaging

Except the device you will also get user manual, remote control, power adapter and HDMI cable.

Design and build

For me it is not too much important because 90% of all media player the design is more or less the same. Anyway the case is made of plastic in black color, the case is also very thin. It has all ports on both sides like HDMI, USB 2.0, RJ45 and DC 5V.

Performance

For this price range which is actually around $40 it has really solid hardware, so it is based on quad core processor Amlogic S905 with maximum speed up to 2GHz. From other hardware information I can say that it has 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB memory for storage which can also be upgraded using microSD card up to 32GB. The hardware is not maybe the strongest one but it is enough strong for every purpose like KODI.

Software

If you read everyday tech news you already know that mostly this kind of devices and other similar like smartphones from China comes with Android 5.1. In my opinion the operating system is almost stock, it has just several installed applications like KODI, Movie Player and Google Play Store. So you don't need to waste your time for deleting unwanted apps. It's self the operating system is fast and fluid and during use I did not find any problems because all apps worked as they should to work including of course KODI. For KODI I have tried several different add-ons and they all worked really nice without lags.

Connectivity

The Mini MX has all ports you'll need. It has 1 x HDMI, 1 x LAN port, 2 x USB and 1 x SPDIF. So you can connect your media player with lan cable or by wireless, this is up to. It has also buetooth 4.0 and I have normally connected my Bluetooth keyboard which works perfectly normal. The Wi-Fi connection is stable and it has good range for connectivity. This media player also supports H.265 video code and thanks to that you don't need to have high speed Internet connection.

Conclusion

In my personal opinion if you are looking for cheap media player with Android OS, then you should definitely consider the Mini MX. Because it has very low price around $40 depending on the web shop. It comes with KODI, it has a very good hardware for this price range and it works really nice. For more information please visit this official website. Also for more information about this cheap media player if you want.

Back
Top Bottom