• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MircoUSB cable not charging?

I recently bought an after-market micro USB cable to use as a spare for my X10 so I could charge it in different rooms, but the problem is that the new cable doesn't fully charge my phone. I've even tried using the cable with the wall charger and it still doesn't fully charge even after 8 hours, but as soon as I go back to the SE cable, it charges fully within an hour.

Anyone else had this problem?

I can't understand why a different cable would be any different :/

Before anyone asks... Yes, the cable is correctly connected, the charge light is on and the charge icon on the phone is animating correctly. The Cable is NOT faulty (I have 2 as the seller sent a replacement) and works fine for connecting to my PC. The problem is simply that it doesn't FULLY charge

-pup-

as was said above many micro usb cables are not designed to carry power. I ran into this at radioshack when I went to try and replace the miniature cable motorola packs with the droid. My solution was to go to a local verizon reseller and but a USB to Micro-USB cable, then use a regular USB cable of whatever length I wanted. Just attach the converter on one end and you are good to go. Now I have a permanent connection for my phone sitting on my desk at all times, and use the charger that came with the phone to charge the phone at the office. BTW, if you are thinking of a travel charger, I've read a ton of reports about after market travel chargers not being recognized by the droid, or making the droid go funky. I think motorola must have something on the chargers they sell that the droid recognizes. I just bit the bullet on that one and bought the travel charger from a verizon reseller ($10 cheaper than from verizon). The same place sold me the extender for $10.

Back
Top Bottom