• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mirroring and Recording at the same time

Davidj32

Lurker
Is it possible to cast your phone to a TV and then record your phone's screen? I have a galaxy s7 running android 8. Seems like it only allows you to do one or the other, but not both simultaneously.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this? Do newer devices have this capability?

Thanks,
David

Hmm try using screencast no ads from the play store its a free apps record first then mirror second see if that works

That is a pretty cool app, I got it to connect, it looks like it doesn't transfer the app audio though. You gave me a good idea though, thank you for your response I will go into more detail of what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a local multiplayer AR app I am developing for hololens, android, and IOS. I trying to get my app on a TV screen so people in another room can observe, and see and hear all the holograms and everything, as well as record the session.

I originally thought all I would need was an ipad and an apple TV. I thought I would be able to mirror the ipad and record the ipad screen at the same time, but I can only do one or the other for that. So I am trying to find the most cost efficient and simple way to do this.

I was thinking about using my screenbeam mini2 with android, because that would transfer the app audio and the screen, and then record the phone screen. But I cannot record while mirroring that. I don't own a chromecast but I am assuming it works the same (correct me if I am wrong).

With your solution, it appears to not transfer the app audio, but the idea of using the PC as a middle man instead of the screenbeam2 might be doable since so many people own them, and you can easily record from them (plus it seems like Android might be a pain to record just internal app audio and not just the mic and what comes out of the speakers).

So down the rabbit hole for a couple minutes, looks like windows 10 has a connect app that turns the pc into a miracast receiver. So I could just stream android to my pc, and then connect the pc HDMI to a TV, and then record from the PC. Not sure if I can cast from the PC to the screenbeam while using that connect app, but a laptop and a hdmi cord would suffice.

That is a pretty cool app, I got it to connect, it looks like it doesn't transfer the app audio though. You gave me a good idea though, thank you for your response I will go into more detail of what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a local multiplayer AR app I am developing for hololens, android, and IOS. I trying to get my app on a TV screen so people in another room can observe, and see and hear all the holograms and everything, as well as record the session.

I originally thought all I would need was an ipad and an apple TV. I thought I would be able to mirror the ipad and record the ipad screen at the same time, but I can only do one or the other for that. So I am trying to find the most cost efficient and simple way to do this.

I was thinking about using my screenbeam mini2 with android, because that would transfer the app audio and the screen, and then record the phone screen. But I cannot record while mirroring that. I don't own a chromecast but I am assuming it works the same (correct me if I am wrong).

With your solution, it appears to not transfer the app audio, but the idea of using the PC as a middle man instead of the screenbeam2 might be doable since so many people own them, and you can easily record from them (plus it seems like Android might be a pain to record just internal app audio and not just the mic and what comes out of the speakers).

So down the rabbit hole for a couple minutes, looks like windows 10 has a connect app that turns the pc into a miracast receiver. So I could just stream android to my pc, and then connect the pc HDMI to a TV, and then record from the PC. Not sure if I can cast from the PC to the screenbeam while using that connect app, but a laptop and a hdmi cord would suffice.
You have to enable audio in app settings however not sure if its mic record or in game audio

Back
Top Bottom