• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing apps in appdrawer

Halpp

Lurker
Hey, so I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Marshmallow and by some reason some apps are not showing up in the appdrawer. They are installed becouse I can use them by going to Play store and launching it from there. I am 100% they are not in any file in the appdrawer.

Please help, I have tried restarting my phone but they don't show up.

Are you using a custom launcher? I'm not sure about TouchWiz, but custom launchers can hide apps from the app drawer.

EDIT: Ah, so you figured it out. If you go back to the default launcher you might find those icons are hidden or grouped in folders called "google apps" or "Samsung apps" or other such nonsense.

Hey, so I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Marshmallow and by some reason some apps are not showing up in the appdrawer. They are installed becouse I can use them by going to Play store and launching it from there. I am 100% they are not in any file in the appdrawer.

Please help, I have tried restarting my phone but they don't show up.[/QUOTE

Last edited by a moderator:

Please help, I have tried restarting my phone but they don't show up.[/QUOTE

You can run your apps from the play store but they are not showing up under the settings button on your home screen??

Here is a video on how to clear the cache for 1 or 2 items.

How to clear the system cache on the Galaxy S7:

1. Turn the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge off
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
  3. Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
  4. Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
  5. Press the Power button
  6. Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
  7. Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
  8. Your Galaxy S7 will reboot with a cleared system cache
As a last resort, you can Factory Restore and auto restore your contacts, messages etc. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP FIRST!

Back
Top Bottom