• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS issues Nexus 5x and Gs5

So the past week or so I've been having weird MMS problems.
I have a Nexus 5x on AT&T network, and my boyfriend also has a Nexus 5x, except he's on Project Fi. My mom has my old Galaxy s5 on AT&T, and my friend has a Galaxy s7 on AT&T.
Here's the problems that are going on between us.

My mom and boyfriend aren't receiving my mms messages. They say it never downloads for them.
I CAN receive mms from boyfriend.
My mom's mms aren't sending to me at all.
Me and my friend can send AND receive mms just fine. I tried with them today.

This hasn't really happened before, we used to send mms just fine, and I don't know what it could be. We've tried toggling off and on Airplane mode, because I find that to work for me sometimes. The APNs are all correct.
Only thing I could think of when this started, might have been after I updated to 7.1.1? But I couldn't find much on that being a big issue.
If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it

Edit: Had an idea to get boyfriend to download Textra (which is what I use), and for him to change the mms behavior to "system" instead of "legacy" (like textra recommends for Project Fi), and he got my mms.
I then tried sending him an mms thru the stock messaging app (which is what he uses), and he still couldn't download the picture.
Is this a Project Fi issue? It's weird because my mom's AT&T Gs5 also has mms issues with me. Maybe it's WiFi SMS and calling capable phones? But then again my friend has the Gs5 and it works with mms with me, so I'm kinda at a dead end with what it could be linked to lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom