• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root mms messaging problem after root

gale65

Android Enthusiast
Before I rooted, whenever I sent a picture in a text message, the phone would say something like "image too large, compressing image". Something like that anyway. Now it just stays on sending forever and doesn't seem to be compressing the image at all. I was in a place where there was 3g and the internet was working fine so I think the signal was ok. Is this a common issue?

eta: also, the phone got really hot while it was trying to send. If it matters, I put the harmonia 2 rom on it.

Is it possible to make my phone the way it was before rooting? I downloaded go sms and it doesn't work on it either. My main reason for having this phone is to send and receive picture texts. I love that the battery life is so much better after rooting but if I can't sent and receive pics it's a waste for me. I tried toggling airplane mode and rebooting and nothing works.

eta: i'm trying handcent now and still not working. I have sent pictures after rooting but only a couple times, and that's it. And I was on a 1x connection at the time. Why would it work and then not work?

A picture finally got sent. It took an hour and a half. wth. I also received a picture in that time so I guess maybe it'll work sometimes. And sometimes not. Is it an issue with the phone or the service?

I have never had any problems sending or receiving mms, certain times of the day it will take a little longer due to heavy usage.

thanks. I was trying about 8 pm in an area where it showed a 3g signal (and I was outside) and it kept trying to send (off and on) the same picture from then until it finally sent at around 1:30 am. So it basically took about 5.5 hours to send. During that time I was using the weather app and the browser on my phone a little and both were as fast as normal. If the internet was fast why would it be a problem to send a picture?

thank you. That explains a lot-I didn't know there was a separate routing system for messages but it makes sense.

It must have been a network issue-they are sending at a good speed now. Thanks to you all for talking me off the ledge and out of doing something rash that I would have regretted. :D

Back