• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS Problem!

Hellocupo

Hey Guys I Got A New pHone the LG Tribute VM (4.4.2 K.K) and I try to send mms. I know you can't send MMS Without data. My plan is Unl. Text 600 Mins Call and NO Data. Which is no Internet when not connected to wifi. Apparently I can't send MMS Both Text MMS and Photo MMS without Wifi connected. I don't want to root to fix this so help me out . My Mom has the same phone with Unl. Everything (Text, Call, Data) and she can send MMS no problem. I have data on and I have group messaging on. I'm using Stock Messaging and I also used Go SMS. Regular MMS Works Fine.
I had another phone (ZTE Reef) and i could send MMS with data on (Same Plan) and without wifi.

Sounds like a problem on virgin mobiles end. I know that when i first got my phone (and i have sprint), i had to call them up and they fixed my mms problem. Without rooting, thats the best advice i can give. Sorry i can't be more help.

@Hellocupo
Follow this:

- Dial ##72786# (phone will reboot)
- phone will enter hands free activation (updates PRL)
- enjoy

Dialing that number WILL NOT erase anything, it just resets the items in the phone settings to make it usable with the network. Even though you don't have a "data" plan, you still have data being used for the purpose of background phone service. How do you think all of those old (pre-smartphone days) phones were able to send texts and photos? Through an established data connection, which the phone carrier can also use to push updates to your device.

The dial code will be the same one that customer service will walk you through. This eliminates that 45 minute hassle.

@Hellocupo
Follow this:

- Dial ##72786# (phone will reboot)
- phone will enter hands free activation (updates PRL)
- enjoy

Dialing that number WILL NOT erase anything, it just resets the items in the phone settings to make it usable with the network. Even though you don't have a "data" plan, you still have data being used for the purpose of background phone service. How do you think all of those old (pre-smartphone days) phones were able to send texts and photos? Through an established data connection, which the phone carrier can also use to push updates to your device.

The dial code will be the same one that customer service will walk you through. This eliminates that 45 minute hassle.
yea i see but I'm a little scared to do that. In another phone i deleted the Phony.etc I forgot. And it changed it do i never got 4G any more. I only got 3G from that point on

Please take a deep breath.

Okay this again will not erase anything, it just resets the necessary components. If you have 4g already, it will still be there.

Like I said, you can call customer service if you want. But this is exactly what they will have you do.

Make a backup if you feel that things will go wrong, but that code wont mess anything

The code will not give you anything other than resetting the settings. If you are suppose to have that, then functionality will be restored.
Please don't be scared, this is EXACTLY the steps the phone carrier will do.

The code will not give you anything other than resetting the settings. If you are suppose to have that, then functionality will be restored.
Please don't be scared, this is EXACTLY the steps the phone carrier will do.
I'm not supposed to have that.my data is only calls and text no internet. Group messages only come and send on Wi-Fi only for me. I called the people and they said i need the data plan

Then that's what it'll take.
But for issues not sending texts and such, the code will straighten that out. Happy Androiding.

Confused about how it works. So i do this and i will get to send group messages without the data plan. You know the internet one
No you have to have the service active to send ANY messages. The steps I provided will correct any data issues WITH service active.
You can't stuff like that for free. Would be nice though.

Back
Top Bottom