• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile data doesn't work

Hi
So I just bought a one plus 6t on a trip to China.
When I got home, I chose setup in English , Installed the app store manually etc.
When I put my sim card, I can make phone calls, but I don't have mobile data. When I try choosing a carrier, all my options are in Chinese.....
How do I enable mobile data?
How do I change the phone to be completely in English?
Thanks

Hi
So I just bought a one plus 6t on a trip to China.
When I got home, I chose setup in English , Installed the app store manually etc.
When I put my sim card, I can make phone calls, but I don't have mobile data. When I try choosing a carrier, all my options are in Chinese.....
How do I enable mobile data?
How do I change the phone to be completely in English?
Thanks
The China variant of the OnePlus 6T, amongst other things, runs a different firmware called HydrogenOS which, unless it has been partially adapted, does not have any Google apps... Play Store, etc; as well as a lot of Chinese apps and is configured for Chinese networks and is missing some of the U.S. LTE bands.

It is possible to change the Chinese, HydrogenOS, firmware for the Global, OxygenOS, one which would benefit you. There are a number of tutorials and YouTube videos for this on the web. Just ensure that they are for the OnePlus 6T and not the OnePlus 6. Here is one that I found...

Step-by-step Guide: OnePlus Hydrogen OS to OnePlus Oxygen OS

Back
Top Bottom