• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Modified System Applications

Curtis1973

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2012
Greenville,SC USA
I will be uploading various system apps that I have personally modified over time. Applications such as framework changes,system ui changes and other. Each of these apps will require you to be familiar with the only rooting method we have at this time which is king root. It will also require you to understand and accept the dangers of of bricking,how to get out of brick using Odin and firmware. It will also require that you have a general understanding on how to apply the listed apps below to the system without a method available for flashing. Ways this can be done are via applications like Root Explorer. Straight copying of the applications overwriting the system apps. In cases like framework applications the device will appear to freeze for a second and then reboot. For applications like system ui the systemui.apk will in most cases force close after overwriting the original. A long press of power and selecting reboot will get the new system ui active. Always follow the instructions carefully given. I am not responsible for any issues you may encounter either by not following instructions properly or for any other reason. You know the risks and agree to take the chance. I will always try and help you recover which is fairly easy actually if you do encounter issues. Now with all of that said lets get on to some mods.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SystemUI.apk mod version 0.2 : This mod is first out of the gate as a simple beginning test mod that adds a centered clock in the status bar and increases the status bar icons to 100% alpha(the alpha decides how dim and transparent the status bar icons are..original value is 75%). Nothing more has been changed other than the clock alignment and status bar icon alpha.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Instructions-
Download the apk to your device,be sure temp root is active,open a root capable file manager like root explorer and navigate to system/priv-app/SystemUI and overwrite the stock system ui apk with this one (rename to SystemUI.apk from the name given below). The stock one will force close and stay this way until you reboot and the new apk starts. Long press power and select reboot. Upon reboot you will now have a centered clock. Download is linked below with a screen of the centered clock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be adding many changes to systemui.apk and possible changes to the framework apks as well as some jar files as I go along. So keep a tab on this thread for new additions.

Screenshot_2016-04-09-10-14-32[1].png

Attachments

• SystemUI[1].apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy A5 Apps Port For Samsung Galaxy J3
Ported a few apps from Samsung Galaxy A5

Launcher with changeable screen grids 4x4,4x5,5x5.

FM Radio compatible with our device. Everything works.

S Planner and S Planner Widget.

Proper stock Photo Editor Suite that you do not have to download from Galaxy Apps Store and Icon hidden in app drawer. Use from Stock Gallery.

The package is not zip flash ready. You will have to manually copy over the apps to their corresponding folders in system. Then delete stock launcher,s planner calendar and widget,reboot and configure the new launcher and readd your calendar widget if you use it.

Download link : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24545065934258695

screens:

Screenshot_2016-05-21-07-20-29.jpg Screenshot_2016-05-21-07-20-38.jpg Screenshot_2016-05-21-07-24-16.jpg Screenshot_2016-05-21-07-24-20.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones