• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MOG vs Thumplay vs Grooveshark vs. any other on-demand streaming app

There are tons of on-demand streaming apps popping up in the market. I'm looking into getting a subscription service.

Thumbplay and MOG are $10/month while Grooveshark is just $3/month. I could get three years of Grooveshark paying the price of one year with the other two. I'm thinking about using Grooveshark until we hear some more about Google Music rather than diving all in with Thumbplay or MOG. I already use the Grooveshark website and have playlists built up.

What are you guys preference?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but, it's worth a look. Check out these two apps. The one I like is called Mecanto. Also, you can try HomePipe. Both of them allow you to stream your entire music collection from your pc to your Android phone. They both work well, however, Mecanto works better for me with playing my mp3s & Itunes podcasts. HomePipe is good for accessing all of your data files such as pdf, MS Office, videos, etc. directly from your pc onto your Android phone. The stipulation with these apps is that they only work via WIFI or 3G. Also, it takes a long time to copy your files to the "Cloud" if you have alot of files to upload, but, once they are uploaded, you are good to go. Both apps also autosync any changes to your folders that are made on your pc. Both apps are web-based so that if you want to access your data from another computer, you can do so. Lastly, they both have built in players, playlist setup, etc. Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones