• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

More Nexus S rumory

Yeah see that's exactly what I'm thinking. Also why I doubt att actually offers it subsidized, but we'll see.

Yeah at first I was thinking of waiting for an AT&T LTE device but the speeds for HSPA+ should be comparable to LTE for at least a year (perhaps more), so can't really go wrong with HSPA+ (plus it could be cheaper since I doubt AT&T will charge a "4G premium" since it is pretty much the same as their 3G).

While stock Android is great, I am a huge fan of the new HTC Sense-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHO9A9Zf5g8

Yeah at first I was thinking of waiting for an AT&T LTE device but the speeds for HSPA+ should be comparable to LTE for at least a year (perhaps more), so can't really go wrong with HSPA+ (plus it could be cheaper since I doubt AT&T will charge a "4G premium" since it is pretty much the same as their 3G).

While stock Android is great, I am a huge fan of the new HTC Sense-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHO9A9Zf5g8

very very cool :D

I have been waiting for nearly a year for a subsidized AT&T Android phone, too bad the Nexus S won't fit the bill. I agree that HTC Sense is cool and the Inspire has a nice large screen, but the specs of the Motorola Atrix seem superior in almost every respect (processor, screen resolution, # of 3G bands, etc). On the other hand, many people complain that Motoblur is not the best UI. Then there is the issue of AT&T bloatware and locked bootloaders preventing use of custom rom's. Lots of variables to consider when choosing a new phone...

As we get closer to release of these phones I'm sure there will be lots of discussions about all of these topics. I look forward to participating.

The thing about the encrypted bootloader which has me worried (and leaning towards the Inspire) is that if Motorola botches the update (like updates on every single AT&T Android device, AT&T is the only carrier of the big 5 to not have a phone which was updated to Froyo. Kinda worried that Gingerbread+ could take months if it ever comes), then you are pretty much SOL.

At least with the Inspire, there are already Gingerbread ports (CM7) with all hardware working AND HTC has a good reputation in terms of updates (at least for their high end devices, even if AT&T botches it like they did the Aria which was updated in Asia, the Desire HD ROM can probably be ported).

Yes the Atrix has better specs (no real debate there) but the Inspire is still a very good phone (I would take it over any other single core device and given how the Atrix will probably be the only dual core device on the US market for at least a few months, this phone should be relevant for at least a year). Nice big screen, HTC build quality, 768MB of RAM is 3 times what I currently have, 4GB of internal storage+8GB included MicroSD is plenty for me, and the new generation of Qualcomm processors are pretty good, all apps/the system should run pretty smoothly (in terms of productivity, I think that it is the best single-core out there. Hummingbird does have an edge on gaming but don't really care too much for gaming. As long as Angry Birds runs smoothly, I am happy).

Back