• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto G for my brother

sfbloodbrother

Extreme Android User
Boost is having the deal for a Moto G for $100. My brother is currently with Boost but his phone is crap. Galaxy Prevail. Its slow and the touch screen stopped working. So since I love this Moto G is provably the best possible phone for under $300 I said he should get this phone. We'll both have the same phone. How about that.

He doesn't get paid for a while and hes broke so I offered to buy one for him. But don't know how this buying thing works.

If I were to buy him a new phone from Boost mobile. How will it work with someone who is a new customer? What's the procedure for setting up the phone for an existing boost Mobile user vs a new Boost user.

when you have the phone in hand....
go to boostmobile.com

• for new user: click activate and follow the direction
  • for existing user: log in to my account, click update handset and follow direction

Goto boostmobile.com, buy the phone without opening an account. Give the phone to your brother and have him activate it from the phone or online with his account so that the new phone is on his account. You do not have to open a new account when buying a new phone from boost, unless the sale price reflects that.

when you have the phone in hand....
go to boostmobile.com

• for new user: click activate and follow the direction
  • for existing user: log in to my account, click update handset and follow direction

Thanks. Will this remove the phone he currently has so payments stop with that phone and start with the Moto G?

Back
Top Bottom