• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto G5 Plus - how to take a screenshot

GamerCore

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
California
twitter.com

It's easy to take a screen shot on the Moto G5 Plus. Here's how:
  • Press and hold the Power button and Volume down (-) buttons simultaneously until you see the screenshot animation.
  • Pull down on the notification to quickly share or delete.
  • Tap on the notification to open the screenshot inside whatever app you like.

Last edited:

It's easy to take a screen shot on the Moto G5 Plus. Here's how:
  • Press and hold the Power button and Volume down (-) buttons simultaneously until you see the screenshot animation.
  • Pull down on the notification to quickly share or delete.
  • Tap on the notification to open the screenshot inside whatever app you like.
sorry ,that does not work on my brand new phone (bought 1 week ago)
no animation at all is showing up, nore do i hear a sound...

Upvote 0
sorry ,that does not work on my brand new phone (bought 1 week ago)
no animation at all is showing up, nore do i hear a sound...
This works on almost every Android device since Gingerbread era or so, since it is a feature of the base Android code... Although some OEM's (like Samsung) have used different key combinations, Moto has always used POWER+VOL in probably the last 4-5 years.

It works on the Moto G5+, maybe you are having issues with the timing of pressing the keys?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones