• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto X lollipop fails to install

so5724x

Hello all, I have a Moto X 2013 that is not rooted. I recently downloaded the lollipop update. Once the download finished, & I click to install the update, literally nothing happened. The phone just went back to operating normally. Then when I went back to system updates to check for updates, it says that my phone is up to date even though I never installed lollipop. I tried restarting the phone, & I still have the same issue. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you.

The first step I can think of is to clear your phone's cache partition. Here are the Motorola instructions on how to do it.

I will add, before you try to update again, make sure you have enough space on your phone for the upgrade to occur. I'm not finding the exact amount of free space you must have, though I recall it being around 3 GB, and you need to have the phone charged to over 50%.

Last, another option is to upgrade with your phone connected to your computer, using these instructions from Motorola.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom