• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help motoblur

so i just got my cliq xt and i really like it..the only problem i have with it is the fact that i runs 1.5...:(
iv been looking and it doesnt seem like motorola are even trying to upgrade to 2.0 (or 2.1? idk..whatever is newest) so i was wondering if its possible to completely wipe it and install 2.1? i really appreciate any help you guys can give me (and sorry about grammer/spelling ect. im really tired)

so should i like...copy all the files onto my desktop just incase i screw up? and that looks like im downgrading to 1.4...will i be able to upgrade to 2.1 after i downgrade?

ok first that is for the cliq not the cliqxt. 2nd all cliqs use 1.5 and no firmware updates are available at this time. Currently there is no way to root the cliqxt. that 1.4.8 you are refering to is the bootloader version not the firmware as there was never a android 1.4 released.

i hear ya man...i like the phone but motoblur could be better...or atleast update faster

It'll come in time I don't know how many good dev's have been working on the XT to find an exploit but I'm sure it will happen in time. I've been playing around but I don't have much time or a lot of experience in this exact area.

Back
Top Bottom