• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Moto X

JoDant06

Lurker
Hey I am new to this site, and also new to android, coming over from Apple. I was tired of my iphone so I made a change. I like this phone quite a bit, except for a couple things. For some reason, when talking on the phone, I cannot remove the phone from my ear, and select key pad, or speaker phone, etc. The phone stays black. Also, If I have a lock screen, it will not tell me what notifications that I have. Another thing with the notifications is that the only way I can see notifications is on the top left part of my phone. It does not have a 1, 2, 3, or any number to display that app has a notification. Is there any way to change these issues? Thanks in advance!

re: the screen remaining black while you're talking

I wonder if it's similar to the setting I had trouble with too when I first went to Android.

I have a Motorola Atrix4g, but the setting map should be similar
Settings > Accessibility > Power button ends call
uncheck that and you should be able to re-activate the display when you pull it away from your ear.

Although - as I type this, I realize that probably isn't what you're talking about. Now I recall that whenever I remove the phone from the handset-ear position to look at the display, it usually turns on by itself.

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer for that.
but working the volume button could be a work around?

Another thing with the notifications is that the only way I can see notifications is on the top left part of my phone. It does not have a 1, 2, 3, or any number to display that app has a notification. Is there any way to change these issues? Thanks in advance!

Notifications are only visible via the Notification Bar. Almost all apps do not have a number indicator for unopened items (like your iPhone did). You could get Nova Launcher - the paid version has an option for unopened items indicator on certain apps (Messages, Gmail, Hangouts). There may be other 3rd party apps that could enable this feature, but you won't achieve this just out of the box :/

Thanks for the help guys. However it was to no avail. I'm assuming my sensor is bad, even though it is only a day old phone. The active display is on, and works properly, I just misunderstood it. I guess I'll have to go to my carrier to get it fixed. Thanks

Welcome to Android Forums, JoDant! And good luck getting your X fixed... I think you're going to LOVE that phone. Always feel free to ask any questions you may have.

It's great to have you here :)

Well I reset all the Cache Partition and everything seems to be working normal right now. Hopefully it stays this way!

Is anyone else having the same problem with sending duplicate to the recipient.... I've already changed the sim card once and it's still doing it. Not sure what to do next.

If you went from an iPhone from a droid, try turning off the group text messages.

On a different note, I am having a problem with active notifications again. Worked fine all day and night, and now it just stopped working randomly. Getting fed up quick.

Hey JoDant...

My wife is having the same issue with the proximity sensor that you were.
Can you elaborate on what you did to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom