• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ozzy66685

Lurker
Feb 23, 2014
Hi this is my first post so ill try my best to explain.
Iv had an s4 for a while and only really started to use it for music recently. I bought a 64gig ext. SD and put music on it, then within two days the music was unable to be read by like three different players. then the whole SD card failed this I excepted it as one of them things. I then got a SanDisk 64gig and that night after putting a few songs on I got to van Halen and the SD card failed again completely.

I received a 64gig Samsung SD card after realising that the s4 isn't that keen with a 64gig sd. I put it in last night and it remains working, the issue is that although my music is all mp3 there are a few albums that refuse to play. when I installed them last night they all played then 4 albums out of bout 20 refuse to play this morning, all of which are mp3s now saying "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". now the main issue id like help with is the fact they played last night but not now. I understand the s4 will only play certain formats. anyone have any idea how to help me. after I put the last one in I done a factory reset and it seemed to have helped them play now as I have said they have stopped working

please any helpful info would be great

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones