• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gammer

Android Enthusiast
May 23, 2011
UK
Is anyone having problems playing these?

I've converted a few of my avi's to MP4 and try playing them using mobo and the built in player and none will play.

I've used a few different converters ie 'Free video converter', 'Video to android converter' and 'WinAVI MP4' but none seem to play on the ace once converted

Anyone got any ideas of what I could use to convert and play these. Free players if possible.

Cheers.

Hey,
I use total video converter HD, and basically what you have to do is get many of the details right, like the framerate should be 25fps(i've tried more but best results i got at 24/25 fps) and video bit rate should be about 700kbits/s and video resolution should be less than or equal to 720*480..
For other softwares, i'm sorry i can't say much, but the profile i described above gave me the best results

Upvote 0
Hey,
I use total video converter HD, and basically what you have to do is get many of the details right, like the framerate should be 25fps(i've tried more but best results i got at 24/25 fps) and video bit rate should be about 700kbits/s and video resolution should be less than or equal to 720*480..
For other softwares, i'm sorry i can't say much, but the profile i described above gave me the best results

Hey thanks for the reply pujitjuenja,can I ask you what output you use when you're converting? I have downloaded total video converter HD and when first adding a file it give me options of the output ie PsP MP4,Blackberry,iphones etc etc. Which one do you use for the Galaxy ace?

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Hey,
just go to the video file tab and choose MP4, and in the submenu MPEG4 MP4
And remember, when you change the settings for the video file, in the video option tab, change the video codec from xvid to h264

2mybxbd.png

Upvote 0
Thanks but still didn't work for me. For some reason my phone has stopped playing all new video files. It plays the old ones already on the SD card fine but any new ones I add it won't play?
Any Ideas.
I know this is the problem as I took a 3gp video that was working fine on my phone off and readded it and it wouldn't play :thinking::thinking:.

I'm at a loss with this one. As my phone is fairly new I done a hard reset and still I can't get any newely added video files to work :(

Upvote 0
Have you flashed with any custom ROM ?
If yes, you should flash it back to a stock firmware from samfirmware.com.
Otherwise, try transferring via Kies.
Before transferring though, just got to the basic info tab in kies and then from the options, select 'Covert video to device-playable format and resolution'.
If still doesn't work i suggest you take it to the Service Center :)

Upvote 0
No I haven't flashed. The phone is still factory basic as i've only had it a few weeks. I only have a few apps on and this problem has only started the last few days. I had no problems at all adding mp4's at first and these still play fine on my phone.
It's new ones that I try adding now that won't play. I'm at a loss :thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
This problem has still been going on for me so I decided to try a different sd card and bingo everything worked fine. I bought a cheap 8gb card from ebay and that seemed to be the source of the problem. Since going to a scandisk 8gb I've had no problems at all putting mp4's on.

That will teach me for trying to save a few quid!!

Upvote 0
Have you flashed with any custom ROM ?
If yes, you should flash it back to a stock firmware from samfirmware.com.
Otherwise, try transferring via Kies.
Before transferring though, just got to the basic info tab in kies and then from the options, select 'Covert video to device-playable format and resolution'.
If still doesn't work i suggest you take it to the Service Center :)

hi

want to try the kies method, unfortunately, i cannot find the option to.
my kies' version is 2.0.0.11044_11, and it only has AUTO SYNC under the Option..

Upvote 0
Hey,
HI thanks i tried it and at first it played well in mobo. but now there is no sync between audio and video.but the same file plays well in real player and mixzing though they don't play .avi files. even mobo plays some avi files and not others. when you use total video converter to convert to avi there are many options. which one should i choose?
which is best suited for ACE-avi,3gp or mp4 ? or is the main difference between them is only the file size? and to some extent quality of the display?
thanks in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones