• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MTP not working properly?

Mrohrn

So recently i was about to transfer some file into the phone and when i switch the phone into the MTP mode and go into the folders, i can't see any of the files that are in there!

Anyone had or have the same problem? know of a solution?

I had a similar problem with the first 3rd party USB cable I had - when I switched cables everything worked. I got a partial refund on the cable (partial because I can still use it for charging in the car).

Yes i have a third party one but only as i don't have a usb-c in my computer and so on, the weird thing is that it "used to work but not anymore, and as for charging yeah thats another story, soon to believe that i have something wrong with my phone...

I'm not a tech but some cables charge and transfer data and some simply charge. I have a Kindle ereader and the Kindle cables do data and charging. If I try to update the Kindle using a charging-only cable it won't see the files.

Ok never had a kindle so no clue about that :)
But to give a little update, here we go!

So i can still transfer files! and they work on the phone after i have done so... the only thing is that i don't see the "old files"
that were transferred in the beginning.. which is weird but maybe some update of Android made some change or i don't know, not seeing any sense in this! but it works so don't really are, until i have to delete files that i cant see :D

Back
Top Bottom