• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music constantly shuts off unless in shuffle all.

adamussg

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
I have a Motorola Defy running 2.2 and use it everyday to play mp3s while I work. Using the standard player, if I choose shuffle all songs, it will play nonstop which is what I want. However, if I shuffle an artists songs, or want to play an album straight through, it will turn off as soon as my display times out. If I set my display to always on... the music will stay on. I have found a couple posts where people had the same issue... and I have tried all the solutions offered... ie: deleting and removing google listen, checking the auto end list, I deleted task killer as well... but my music keeps shutting off. I have tried poweramp and the same thing happens....it times out when my display does. Can anyone help me with this? It's so frustrating!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones