• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Music Through BT on CM7

kenn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 26, 2010
I can't seem to get my Dinc to play through my bluetooth headset. I've wandered all through the phone, long pressed on the headset, but I can't find a way to make it happen.

I can pair it, then call out, answer a call, voice dial, etc., but I can't get music through it.

My headset is a Motorola HT560 and it says it is A2DP compliant.

When I press the button to voice dial, I get the music that is playing on the phone speaker for a few brief seconds but then it goes away.

What am I doing/not doing to make it work?

From what I remember reading one time...someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the headset can only do one or the other with the phone. Once it's set up for phone calls you can no longer use it for music unless you delete the profile and set it up again and play music before using it for a phone call, then it can't be used for phone calls.

Edit: Nevermind, I am wrong, found a post that says both can work...
http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/329173-dinc-mp3-player.html
I personally don't know how it's done.

Upvote 0
Have you paired them, started music on the phone, then tried to control it through the headset?

Yes, I have started music with the stock player and with mixzing and if I press any kind of button on the headset (volume up,down, and "action button are it), it turns on voice activated commands. I hear music for about 5 seconds while the phone waits for me to speak and then it times out on waiting for a voice command. The music goes back to the speaker.

Upvote 0
So it plays through the headset but you can't control it through that. I think that's a basic thing missing through it.

Actually, no. It doesn't play through the headset when I start music, even if I'm paired. If I press the "action button" on my headset, it fires up "voice dial". I hear music through the bluetooth headset while the phone is waiting for me to say something. When voice input times out (about 5 seconds) music stops playing in the BT headset and returns to the phone's speaker.

I guess the bigger question is this: if you have an A2DP headset and you connect it (pair it up) and it is on, how does the phone know if I want music through the headset or the external phone speaker? For the life of me, I can't find a setting anywhere so I just assume it is "automatic" to the BT headset if it is currently paired and powered up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones