• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mute 'Audible touch tones' in Android

M

Member416487

Hi everybody. I recently bought a Defy with Android 2.1 and installed tons of apps to have it the way I need. However, I noticed the 'Audible touch tones' had gone mute, even if I unchecked/checked again the respective option in the Settings/Audio and Display menu. Even rebooting wouldn't solve it.

So I reset the phone to the factory settings via the Privacy menu. Then, it was restored. But once again, after installing my apps, the touch tones were gone.

For the second time I reset the phone and decided to install app by app to seek the one that was screwing with my touch tones.

Eventually I found out that "Android Audio Profile (free) 1.12", downloaded and installed from the Market, was the responsible for the mess. After a 3rd reset I installed only this app to make sure it was it. And I confirmed: being it the only installed app the problem started as soon as the app started to run. It was even possible to hear the touch tones seconds before the app to be auto launched.

I know a lot of people have this issue and it's an annoying one 'cos to solve it the phone has to be reset. So BEWARE of this APP (and others), since they may screw your system and cause your phone to be reset in order to get rid of the trouble!

I hope this tip can help as many guys out there as possible!

-----

Andre

Back
Top Bottom