• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Battery Life Writeup

I have done all the suggestions above, except dealing with the bloatware. I have the Titanium Pro... and created the file for them to go to, but... does it completely disable it when I move it? For example.. the 3g mobile hotspot.. which I use... should I not do that one?

If you use titanium backup, you don't create a file or folder to put apps in, nor does it move them. It renames them from .apk to .bak or somesuch, so that they don't appear as apps to the system. So yes, anything that you freeze is completely unusable, that's the point. Also, you know that if you use 3g mobile hotspot, you pay VZW an extra $20 a month for 5 gigs of data... But if you root your phone, there are tons of apps that let you do it for free, right?

If you use titanium backup, you don't create a file or folder to put apps in, nor does it move them. It renames them from .apk to .bak or somesuch, so that they don't appear as apps to the system. So yes, anything that you freeze is completely unusable, that's the point. Also, you know that if you use 3g mobile hotspot, you pay VZW an extra $20 a month for 5 gigs of data... But if you root your phone, there are tons of apps that let you do it for free, right?

ok... that makes sense..

My certified preowned d2g came with 3g mobile hotspot already working and I don't have the data plan... I have called twice and asked and it is not on there. But just in case they get wise.. what are the apps that do the same thing? And will they take up less room?

And one other question.. sorry :) for example the social networking app that came preinstalled...I only use facebook... does it make sense to get rid of that one and just download the facebook app? And the car dock.. I only use navigation which is a separate app... If I use titanium on the car dock will the nav app still work?

Thanks!!!

You can use Barnacle for free Wi-fi tether. As far as social networks I wouldn't use any for they should burn up your battery.

Back