• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my first time experiencing slow T Mobile LTE speeds, and they were BAD. Pomona, California

MyUsernameRox

Android Enthusiast
Normally, I've gotten fast speeds no matter where I go in CA. Recently in Pomona, I got speeds that were atrocious.

As you can tell by the screenshot I had full bars of signal, but I've been told that doesn't really matter. Can anyone tell me why the speeds were so abysmally bad? I have not had such terrible speeds since I was on MetroPCS old network.

PNSeQ7H.jpg

No one who wasn't there at the time (or an engineer working there for TMobile) can tell you why, but there are a number of possibilities:

1) Overloaded cell. Too many people trying to use that tower at the same time.

2) Overloaded backhaul (wired link between the towers and the world). Too many towers trying to use data on that backhaul at the same time.

3) Overloaded path. Too much traffic between TMobile's gateway and the Speedtest server you were testing on.

4) Bad TMobile equipment at that tower.

And about half a dozen other possibilities. If everyone in Pomona always gets low speeds on TMobile, then I'd say it's something that should be complained about, and TMobile should get ion it, find the problem and fix it. But if it just happened to you, and just once (all within a 4 minute period is "just once"), that's reality. Sometimes a connection is just slow.

Back
Top Bottom