• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My HTC Desire Z stopped working unexpectedly

venom36s

Lurker
Jun 8, 2011
Hi All,

I bought this phone a year back. My warranty ended earlier this month. The phone was running on 2.3.3 Gingerbread that I updated to during the FOTA update that was rolled out sometime last year. One fine day, I was updating some applications from the market and the phone just froze after a little while. I had to remove the battery to switch it off. However, after pressing the power button, only the HTC logo displayed in white and the OS wouldnt boot up.

When I opened up Hboot, trying to do a factory reset, the phone just froze. Had to remove the battery again.

I have not rooted this phone and these are the details I get in green in the hboot menu

VISION PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.85.0013
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.10.04.03_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 11 2011, 23:36:27

Now I have read several forums these past couple of weeks, and I have come to a conclusion that an RUU needs to be done but my question is which official rom should I use for the RUU flashing? Is it carrier dependent, because I use a Vodafone India connection.

I am also aware that any rom wouldnt work because of S-ON. But I do not want to carry out that process.

Can someone give me a solution to this please?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones