• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My HTC One M7 keeps trying to restart???

I have had this phone for 4 years just really want my pictures and videos. Is there any way to get HTC sync manager to recognize the phone if the phone cant completely power on? It is completely factory i have made no modifications. I can get to bootloader screen and have tried wiping the cache partition. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My son graduated from college last week and I had not downloaded those photos. Also i have not had a phone carrier since 2013 so that does me no good. just used this phone for music and camera.

Unfortunately being unmodified is bad news here, as you have fewer options. However, since trying to modify it now would erase the data you wish to recover that's not an option.

I'm afraid that you need to get it booted normally to recover the data, no matter how you do this (htc sync, simple USB copy, whatever). Anything happen before this started? If we knew why we'd have a better chance of guessing a solution (if there is one). All I can suggest otherwise is make sure it's charged and cool, and hope you can get it to boot long enough.

For the past month or so my battery had been dying at 30% or if i even took a photo with flash. I knew it was going I should have backed everything up but I'm not tech savvy. Basically I plugged my phone in last wednesday and when I unplugged it has been just restarting over and over. I have tried to connect to my laptop with an HTC cable and the computer says it does not recognize it.

For the past month or so my battery had been dying at 30% or if i even took a photo with flash. I knew it was going I should have backed everything up but I'm not tech savvy. Basically I plugged my phone in last wednesday and when I unplugged it has been just restarting over and over. I have tried to connect to my laptop with an HTC cable and the computer says it does not recognize it.

Sounds very much like the battery is finished, especially given that you've been using it for four years, and now it won't run at all. I suggest try a new battery, and the phone may work properly and you get your stuff off it.

Hi, I've had a similar experience with my M7. It started shutting down when the battery got below 50% - 60%.

You need to try putting it on charge and leaving it for at least 30 minutes before switching it on so that the battery has enough charge to allow the phone to boot up. This worked for me, and as long as the phone is on charge it works fine.

Instead of getting the battery replaced I have got a 'battery case' for the phone which allows me to keep it on charge more or less all the time. It has extended the life of the phone at less cost than to have had a replacement battery and without having to send it for repair.

They are available on Amazon and Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/kwmobile-E...e-M7-2500-mAh-Black-Portable-Power/1330253753

You could use a standard external battery pack but it wouldn't be as convenient as the battery case and would probably not be much different in price.

Last edited:
If it isn't booting the computer won't recognise it.

If the battery is the problem, will it boot when connected to the wall charger? It may not help: the phone always runs off the battery even when plugged in, so if the battery absolutely dies then that's it. But there's clearly some little capacity there if you can get into the bootloader, so maybe being on a proper charger (not a USB socket on a computer, which deliver much less current) will suffice. If so then you could get the photos off the phone using email, bluetooth, or a wifi file transfer app (WiFi File Explorer, AirDroid, some file browsers) while the phone is still connected to a charger, or take a chance on connecting it to the computer once it is booted.

Are you familiar with how the wondershare/Dr. fone app?
It won't help if the phone won't boot.

Back
Top Bottom