• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My HTC One M8 Will Not Recognize Non-Verizon SIM

Hi all, here's my problem, any help would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

I've had an M8 for about 6 months now, but in my attempt to fix the sim slot (hardware issue) I destroyed the ZIF connector for the screen display (DOH!). The M8 has been one of my favorite phones so far, so I just ordered a new(ish) one from SoonerSoft on ebay. Unfortunately, now that it's arrived, it refuses to recognize my MetroPCS sim card. I get no status bar icon, but when I reboot the device I get an error message that says "Non-Verizon Sim" and I have NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER. From what I've read, this device should be factory SIM unlocked but I have no talk, no text, no data connection. I've been going round and round in circles trying to resolve the issue on my own so I figured I would reach out for some help.

Here are the fixes I've already attempted:
  • Flashed TWRP and CMod 13
  • Flashed back to stock KitKat with RUU method
  • Attempted SIEEMPI SimUnlock method
  • Manually changed my CID to SuperCID (11111111)

Now that I've done RUU, I can't flash another ROM, and I'm unwilling to S-ON again in case I end up with a non-updatable version of KitKat 1.55.

Note: When I go into data settings, it will not let me select any GSM only networks as my Preferred Network, and I can't access any GSM Settings either in the data menu or the call menu. The phone doesn't even recognize the SIM as a MetroPCS chip. Please help!

Device Info:
M_WLV PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
RADIO-0.89.20.0321
OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS-1.55.605.2
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Apr 1 2014,00:26:53.0

Just FYI, my old VZW M8 had no problem recognizing the sim card, I just couldn't maintain contact between the pins and the sim for very long.

Can you give me the link on eBay, I would like to see what the description looks like.

If it was complaining that you were using a non-Verizon SIM then the obvious conclusion is that it was SIM-locked, whatever the description said.

Back
Top Bottom