• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Nexus One has slowly died :(

I will remember this thread if I have a problem. I did a radio update and my thing works fine.

Congratulate your phone is working back.

I use Pershoot kernel all the while (I think at least 2 months) and never facing any problem. (touch wood!........)

I can guarantee the bootloader can be unlocked back just need to wait any HTC worker that willing to break the law and release it. (or any genius found a way to unlocked back)

I bricked my phone last time after 1 week using (haha...) and send back to HTC, I get a set return after 2 days, it ship back with what I have but I guarantee it is different set as the IMEI is different. (I still holding the box which means I can compared with it)

i am also in metro detroit, if you need any extra help let me know. i'm sure i could help some.

do you have any original information that might have the imei number on it? also, if you root the phone back, maybe, you can get an exchange. even though you didn't buy the phone from htc or google, it should still be under some type of warranty.

Just to update everyone on this matter. My IMEI is different than on my box. But the serial number is same. I dont know if that means I got a new phone or what.

I still get horrible 3g problems on tmobile utah in ogden area, if I leave my house it switches in and out from 3g to edge constantly, im not sure what the deal is but I still think something is up with hardware on nexus one and google wont fessup that htc fooked this phone up some how. Anyways whatever im stuck with this now so I have to get used to it even with froyo update the 3g seems bad, I love how google was blaming tmobile for it, everyone I know has 3g working perfectly on there phones, even on my g1 I had full 3g all the time.

Wow, this is exactly what was/is happening to me but my phone was stock. I sent them my original phone and they sent me a new one. It was working fine for about two days and now im back to the same problem. Weird thing is that my signal keeps coming back and going away....sooo phone is sometimes working something not...im starting to think its T-Mobile's fault...

Well I posted this on xda forums and someone said they most likely opened up the phone and put in a new radio or something and thats why my screen protector was all messed up. Unfortunately I didn't record my IME number so I cant tell if it is a new phone or the same one

Sorry for the late reply but good news that you got your phone sorted.....

I have been rooted for a long time now & I never flash a new kernal beyond what the ROM comes with as standard (be it Cyanogen, Modaco, etc). For me, the more you muck around with the phone, the more chance of xxxcking it up ;)

I'll take this as a warning. I'm always so impatient when installing new stuff that I make 1,2,3,4,5,6... changes and then find the next day that a problem has cropped up and I can't work out what it is.

Note to self: keep a dated record of every change I make, use the device fully - maybe even have a checklist of test activities - then if there's a problem, unwind changes one at a time.

Actually, I'll update the firmware, load 25 new apps and then come here to ask people what's gone wrong. :cool:

Note to self: keep a dated record of every change I make, use the device fully - maybe even have a checklist of test activities - then if there's a problem, unwind changes one at a time.

Actually, I'll update the firmware, load 25 new apps and then come here to ask people what's gone wrong. :cool:

Yeah...I try to install only 1 to 3 apps per day...that way if anything goes wrong, I only have to uninstall a couple of apps instead of a whole shit load if one of the apps is rogue, lol.

Back
Top Bottom