• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my opinion on the note edge

mach1man

Android Expert
Feb 22, 2010
woods of VA
So I picked up the note edge on Friday and kinda fell in love with it... Well after a few days now this is what I think. It is a great idea with some flaws.

Loves- I like that I can put all of my favorite apps on the edge. I like that the weather and notifications come up on the edge. and I like the unique design.

Hate- That the notifications come up on the top of the screen if you don't use the flip case and then the edge screen shows no notifications. :( Also the lack of accessories for the edge.

I wish all of the notifications came up on the edge screen, even without using the flip case.

So I picked up the note edge on Friday and kinda fell in love with it... Well after a few days now this is what I think. It is a great idea with some flaws.

Loves- I like that I can put all of my favorite apps on the edge. I like that the weather and notifications come up on the edge. and I like the unique design.

Hate- That the notifications come up on the top of the screen if you don't use the flip case and then the edge screen shows no notifications. :(

Which is normal Android behaviour. I suppose it could be changed with a firmware update, or maybe a third-party app could do it.

Also the lack of accessories for the edge.

What kind of accessories do you want? Apart from cases and things like extended capacity batteries, other things tend to be rather generic, stuff like selfie sticks, BT speakers and headsets, car holders, USB power-banks, Android Wear smart-watches, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones