• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone booted up weird

My nexus 5x recently lagged out and re-booted. Now it states it is Dec. 31st, 1969 at 4:00 PM. I do not know how to fix this and my phone will not let me text or anything since it is in the "future" or some bullshit like that. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried hard booting it, wiping the cache, and resetting it.

fixed.

Last edited:
Unix is a computer operating system that, in one form or another, is used on most servers, workstations, and mobile devices. It was launched in November 1971 and, after some teething problems, the “epoch date” was set to the beginning of the decade, January 1, 1970. What this means is that time began for Unix at midnight on January 1, 1970 GMT. Time measurement units are counted from the epoch so that the date and time of events can be specified without question. If a time stamp is somehow reset to 0, the clock will display January 1, 1970.

So where does December 31 fit in? It’s because you live in the Western Hemisphere. When it’s midnight in Greenwich, England, it’s still December 31st in America, where users will see December 31, 1969—the day before Unix’s epoch.

So how do you fix it? Simple. Just correct the date to the present time.

- See more at: http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=26316#sthash.kIo2amXi.dpuf

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones