• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Phone Makes Two Albums And Separates One Song

hi there, i'm transferring music from my computer to my phone. i noticed that it made two albums of the same name, and separated one song from the ORIGINAL album and put it on the second album. i tried deleting both albums and transferring it again, but it keeps doing that.

here, i put these pics together so you can understand clearly
pic.png

what can i do to transfer that one song "The Conjuring" to the original album? more info btw, my phone is Samsung GT-19152 and i'm using the built-in music app.

any help is appreciated :)

Try looking at the tracks' metadata ("tags"). Most music apps use this to group tracks into albums rather than what folder they are in, and also for the track order. So if for any reason the tags for that track are slightly different from the rest this could happen. Most likely when a CD has been ripped, depending on what tool was used.

I normally do this type of thing on a computer before transferring, and have never used the Samsung music app so don't know what its tag editing capabilities (if any) are, though most of my music players allow you to view and edit a track's tags.

Like Hadron said, you can use the tag editing feature of any music player to edit it to the way it's supposed to be. Or you can also use dedicated tag editors like Automatic Tag Editor.

Spotted the difference. So I think the easiest thing to do here is to change the album tag of "The Conjuring" so that it matches with that of the other songs.

upload_2019-5-31_22-20-52.png

Back
Top Bottom