• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Samsung Rugby Smart (SCH-i847) will NOT root!

bobmct

Lurker
Yep! Believe it. I've had this phone for about a year and recently (about 2 months) I've been trying to root it unsuccessfully. I've tried the update.zip approach (which failed) and the ODIN approach (which failed). Including as well as boldly trying complete replacement of the image. So much so that I "bricked" it several weeks ago.
It was either stuck in a boot loop and stuck in download mode. Finally, after considerable research on this and other forums, and a lot of trial and error (about 2-3 weeks of it) I was able to upload the UCLA+ image which believe it or not got it going again. However, the reason for rooting is to allow me to uninstall all the bloat ware that resides on it that I don't use as it hogs memory and cpu cycles. So much so that it becomes dog s-l-o-w!
I even used the KINGO root facility which connects, finds and identifies it correctly and it even proceeds with the conversion to root. Upon completion it msgs that my phone is rooted and it reboots. However, when the reboot occurs and I use one of the SUPERUSER or SUPERSU or root verify they all inform me that the phone is NOT rooted.
I even contacted the KINGO people who responded that my phone was very well supported. OK - why doesn't it become rooted???

Does ANYONE have any idea what I might be able to do to get this monster rooted to allow me to clean it off like I wish?

And yes, I believe I've read and tried just about everything I could find on all forums relative to this issue.
I'm positively stumped.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :thumbsdowndroid:

Last edited:
Well, received NO suggestions from this forum. But I did continue to try different things. For anyone searching and finds this thread and response I finally had success with a program called iRoot. From where I obtained it I cannot remember. But it is free and did recognize my phone and was the ONLY utility that successfully rooted it. As a result I have all the unwanted bloatware OFF the phone, the startup process tailored and my phone is faster than its ever been. Hopefully this helps someone!

Back
Top Bottom