• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My tablet is constantly turning the brightness up by itself and the battery drains too fast.

ThisIsRaP

Lurker
I don't know if I was hacked or it's an app but when charging, the brightness will go up to about 50% all on it's own. When it does this, the battery goes down one percent each time. I'll turn the brightness back down but within a minute, it goes up again. I unplug it but then the battery goes down too fast (I think maybe it's normal) I try putting it in power save more but it doesn't really help if it does anything, it probably drains it faster. I just use Wi-Fi and one or two apps.
I at least want to fix the brightness. I have a tablet so everything I've seen doesn't work. There are no adaptive brightness settings or anything like that.
Thanks for reading
Screenshot_20190620-071622.png

Thanks I'll try it
But that will delete all my pictures and stuff right?
Make sure you know your Google ID & Password before you factory reset.

You should be able to do it without wiping data, but it is a good idea to back them up first. It should be an option on the reset screen. If you are confused, post a screenshot of the reset screen.

There are two accounts on this tablet. The first one was locked for a bit so I made a second one but there is only the option to back up on the first account. :'(

How can it be possible that yours doesn't have automatic brightness adjustment? This feature has existed since Android 4.x

How can it be possible that yours doesn't have automatic brightness adjustment? This feature has existed since Android 4.x
We haven't discussed what kind of tablet it is. It's possible it doesn't have a light sensor in order to read the ambient light level and thus auto adjust.

We haven't discussed what kind of tablet it is. It's possible it doesn't have a light sensor in order to read the ambient light level and thus auto adjust.

The brightness going up a bit when the phone is charging seems normal to me. But lacking the basic control of brightness is a bit confusing.

I had a salvaged LG phone that would always set the brightness to 100% each time it was booted. I installed MacroDroid and made a macro to set brightness when ever it was open.

Back
Top Bottom