• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My tablet is not accepting any fastboot commands

Hi all,

Iam trying all fastboot commands but for all commands it is giving error:FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
I have around 30 tablets having same problem If anyone help me for this problem I am thankful to them

My tablet is anzhen4_mrd7_64
upload_2019-6-28_14-30-31.png

upload_2019-6-28_14-26-53.png

Could be the boot loader is locked? That would certainly cause "unknown command". Are you trying to root this tablet or something?

As I don't know what tablet you've got, make and model, I probably can't help anymore than that

Last edited:
Many of these things do have locked boot loaders, that maybe impossible to unlock. But as don't know what tablet you've actually got there, can't say much more than that. But if it's from an unknown OEM or brand, then there's unlikely to be any information available anyway.

Could be the boot loader is locked? That would certainly cause "unknown command". Are you trying to root this tablet or something?

As I don't know what tablet you've got, make and model, I probably can't help anymore than that

How to unlock the bootloader

But I tried to unlock bootloader by using command "fastboot oem unlock"
Iam getting same error while "fastboot oem unlock"

Yeh, OEM unlocking maybe impossible for this particular device?

What are you actually trying to achieve, is it root and do some custom development for this device?

What exactly are all these files for? A custom ROM project?
upload_2019-6-28_14-30-31.png

There's various disc image files and recovery files etc, are you sure they're actually built for this particular tablet?

Last edited:
My tab is android kitkat 4.4.2
In this tab there is no oem unlocking option
Whether a tablet is unlockable or not depends on which tablet it is rather than just which android version it is running. So without knowing which model nobody will be able to give a definite answer.

However, I did notice that you were trying to flash the recovery. I assume that this meant that you were trying to flash a custom recovery, because there's no point in flashing a working tablet with the stock recovery. If so, that suggests that someone has built a custom recovery for the tablet, which means there is a way of unlocking it, in which case you could ask the person you got it from how to unlock the tablet.

Note: a custom recovery must be built for the specific model of tablet. If you were trying to flash a recovery that had been built for any other device, even a different tablet from the same manufacturer, then you are very lucky that it didn't work as you would almost certainlyhave bricked your device if you had flashed it.

Many of these things do have locked boot loaders, that maybe impossible to unlock. But as don't know what tablet you've actually got there, can't say much more than that. But if it's from an unknown OEM or brand, then there's unlikely to be any information available anyway.

Tablet build no is anzhen_mrd7

We bought 2000 tablets 2 years ago but that vendor is not supporting to us now
out of 2000, 30 tablets have got os corrupted so Iam trying to recover
Is there any option to solve

You can generally reflash an android device with official stock firmware without unlocking the bootloader - indeed some won't allow you to do it unless the bootloader is locked. However, for that you need the official firmware for the device and whatever flashing tool the manufacturer uses (these things depend on the manufacturer). Sometimes people post this stuff on the web, but I'd not know where to start looking for an unknown device like that. Maybe you can contact the manufacturer (assuming they are different from the vendor). But to be honest I suspect that anything sold running Android 4.4 two years ago will have very little support - that's a 6 year old operating system, so very surprising to find it on a two year old device unless the device itself had been made several years earlier and sat in a warehouse inbetween.

Ravikirana i see the post is to old but my questions is you have one solution for this hardware . im stuck the same product i no have idea for update's the tablets in my case.
have kikat 4.4 need update to 5 systema android or more.

Back
Top Bottom