• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MyTouch 4g Phone/Alarms won't sound

I have searched and haven't found this issue answered anywhere else. My phone does not ring, the alarm does not sound, notifications do not sound. I can see the call coming in and see the alarm going off but no sound. Vibrate seems to work. I have tried turning the volume up. I went to try to change the ringtone and none of them will sound. I removed the battery and that didn't work. I rebooted it and that didn't work. I am afraid to do a factory reset because the phone is unlocked and rooted and I don't know how that will affect it.

Please help! Thanks

So I realized that the speaker is not working. Did I accidentally change a setting or is the speaker blown?

I had what seems to be the same issue the other morning. Alarm not sounding and couldn't hear purple on the other end of the line. When calling others in wouldn't ring in my ear but the other persons phone would ring, lots of weird stuff. I just rebooted and that fixed all my issues.

Back
Top Bottom