• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

National anthems

albatros3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-28-09-35-32.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-28-09-35-32.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_2017-12-28-09-35-48.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-28-09-35-48.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Ok.. so when i install the app I get this screen

upload_2019-5-29_22-27-4.png

I don't want the app to "better match marketing content to my behavior" And I don't want it to provide "social media features either" So I click on Rejection and the app terminates.

If I click on More i get taken to a google page written in polish. I then have to change the language to english. Which tells me there is a procedure for option out of the matching stuff if i follow some instructions.

Well... If there is such a procedure.. why can't i do it in your app when i click on the rejection button.

In reality I can get the national anthems from a google search.. This App would be great if i can get them in a more easily available manner.. but because i have to go through a lot of work to get past the screen above, I don't think i'm going to end up using the app.

Which is a shame, because you have a great idea here. I wish you success with it, but i can't use it right now

Well the dev has to get paid, and I suspect that targetted ads pay better. And to be fair they have provided a clear statement of what they collect and given you an option to accept or reject. As Andy says, what's really needed is for there to be an opt-out button, rather than a process that most won't have the patience to discover (myself included: if I reject tracking and the app terminates then I'll just uninstall the app, I won't dig any deeper).

Well the dev has to get paid, and I suspect that targetted ads pay better. And to be fair they have provided a clear statement of what they collect and given you an option to accept or reject. As Andy says, what's really needed is for there to be an opt-out button, rather than a process that most won't have the patience to discover (myself included: if I reject tracking and the app terminates then I'll just uninstall the app, I won't dig any deeper).

yes...i have no problem with Dev's getting paid... thats a good thing.
And I use quite a few apps that show me ads... thats fine.

I just really don't want to consent to a deeper level of tracking

Back
Top Bottom