• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need 3.0 or higher for bluetooth device to work

Katy605

Lurker
My husband has a DX2 and I got him a bluetooth wireless keyboard because he has fat fingers and it makes it easier for him to text and so on. Well of course it only works on android 3.0 or higher so I rooted 2.3.4 and tried CM9, CM7, CM10, and AOPK and I oddly enough get the rom working but my root is suddenly gone so long story short I've been doing LOTS of SBF's and re-rooting just to lose it and start all over. Is there either A) a stable 4.x or higher so bluetooth keyboard works or B) any hacks out there to 2.3.4 or 3.0 and under to make or trick bluetooth into working? Keyboard does work on 4.x.x and its kind of cool but I'm tired of hearing my husband bitch because I'm fixing the root and so forth every other hour.
Thank you in advance to anyone reading this and if anyone can help or know somewhere I can refer PLEASE let me know because dear God I can't stand the bitching much longer.:stupid:

You sure you're not just missing the superuser pop up?
Before reflashing try wiping su log, or updating superuser.

I had issues rooting every time, as in, it took multiple attempts to completely root. I have a Droid 4 and haven't messed with a DX2 in quite some time and was wondering what was the best rooting method for it. I tried 2 -3 different one's and even found out Pete's method is gone(didn't know). And there are so many different places you can download these that half the time I'm not sure I'm getting the complete or right one. Please advise and thank you :)

So I'm thinking of this game plan and start over...1) SBF back to 2.3.4 using 1KDStaz_DX2_4.5.1_1 in linux ? 2) use pete's to root ? then 3) flash which ROM ? (need ICS or Bean for bluetooth keyboard)I'm completely open to suggestions. Please and thank you again in advance.

I'm still not sure, how you are losing root, is it right away, what apps are you using that require root?

I've never had this kind of thing happen before as in sucessful SBF's and roos but then once I flash any ROM and activate it and everything seems to work fine but low and behold root is gone. I'm thinking to myself I have to be rooted when useing a custom ROM and I'm not crazy but all confirms I lost root. I thought maybe it had something to do with bootstrap but information on that is few and far between with lots of forum bouncing. (if you know what I mean)

I have seen posts from people, with that problem.
No good solution that I know of, just try a few different sbfs, or restore a good nandroid of the rom you want, from another phone.
I think the problem is sbf is not getting flashed completely, even though it says it is
another could be bad copy of DX2 bootstrap, try redownloading a new copy.
You're not using the cm7 bootstrap, are you?
wipe data before and after installing rom, maybe try

in DX2 recovery
Select wipe data/ factory reset confirm Yes-- delete all user data
select wipe cache partition confirm Yes- Wipe Cache
in Advanced select wipe dalvik confirm Yes- Wipe
Go to mounts, Mount system. If system is mounted, prompt will read "unmount system"
then install rom
wipe data again

also could try
in DX2 recovery
Go to "Mounts and Storage" and format /system, /data, and /cache.

Back