• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need advice on connecting a flash drive to an Android device

My wife, and I, both have Motorola Bravo (Android 2.3) phones, and we also have a B&N Nook running cm9. I might get a Nexus 7.

I would like to be able to put music files, and maybe a few other files, on a flashdrive and be able to move it from one device to another.

Anybody have any advice on this?

Two things I think I will need: 1) an app to read the flashdrive 2) an adaptor to connect the flashdrive to micro USB port.

I have heard of two apps: 1) Stickdrive 2) Nexus importer.

As to adaptors, I am a little confused. I suppose I need a female type B USB to male micro USB connector. I am not sure about the "OTG" stuff. One thing that concerns me is that practically all of these adapters seem to be device specific. Should it matter if the adaptor is for a Samsung, or a Motorola, or whatever?

I like the $0.82 price tag on this:

SANOXY Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note

Amazon.com: SANOXY Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note: Cell Phones & Accessories

But will work with my Android devices?

The Bravo won't be able to support external flash drives. The Nook might, but the Nexus 7 I think needs to be rooted.

Anyway, why don't you just use Google Music anyway?

Back
Top Bottom