• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help activating phone with Virgin Mobile USA

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
So I just got my phone from Virgin Mobile. I went through the activation process, and I got a confirmation message saying it's been activated. I can access the web, the market, etc, but I can't make or receive phone calls.

When I try to make a call, it says that I can't because I don't have enough money in my account. When I try to call my phone, it says that it hasn't been activated yet.

I should have more than enough money in my account. According to my payment history on my VM account, I paid $31.56 for Top-Up and I paid $25 for my monthly plan charge.

For some reason my balance info says that my current balance is $6.56 and I need to pay $18.44.

I called VM customer service, but they told me that they will need to look into this and have someone call me back in 1-2 days.

Has this happened to anyone else? I really don't want to wait for these morons to call me back if I can just fix the problem myself.

I don't know of your issue got resolved, but when I got my Intercept through VM I had data available a day or so before I had phone service, and I did have enough money paid up for the next month. But the delay may have been because I was transferring phone numbers from a different phone. I suspect in your case it's just a matter of waiting, which sucks when you need a phone number.

When you transfer an exisiting phone number from a previous service
(AT&T to VM lets say) there will be a delay as the number is ported
from one account to the next.

As Goo stated, this can be a hassle when you need a number for
incoming or outgoing calls.

One option available if you or your friends/family also have android
phones.. Look at an app called TiKL. I use it with my wife and get
Push-To-Talk communicaton using only data.

Hope that helps to hold you over until your cell number is available.

I didn't transfer my old number though, so I'm not sure what else the problem could be.

It's weird. When I activated my phone, I chose to pay $25 plus tax for the first month of service. But my payment history shows that as well as a Top Up charge for $31.56 plus tax. I don't remember approving a charge of such an odd amount.

Use the contact us link on the Beyond Talk web page. I have always gotten good service from them. Also keep an eye on your account, for some reason you will get charged for text messages during your first month of service. You will need to notify them to have it taken care of, also ask for a refund of the charges. If you don't they will stop charging you but not replace the money already taken. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom